Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Food Rehab?
This past Monday marks the 1,008,876th Monday that I have decided to eat right and exercise. Diet and exercise has been a struggle for me for the past few years. I would start a program, then quickly fall off the path. I want so bad for this to come easy to me, I just feel like I have no will power when it comes to junk food. And Red Bull. And Dr. Pepper. Its not that I'm in danger of any health problems, but I am overweight and I think it overtakes my self-esteem more than anything. If anyone remembers me from when I was younger, this was never an issue for me. People even thought I was anorexic, but I ate all the time, whenever and whatever I wanted. And thats how it was for 23 years. What I struggle with the most it getting out of that mindset that I can still eat like that. I was having a conversation with a group of people recently about addictions and it really hit home for me. Food can be an addiction, and that behavior is self-indulgent. Where is the food addiction rehab? I guess its one of those things that you have to figure out for yourself, unless you have a lot of time and money. So for now, I'm making a go at it and I feel different about it this time. It seems do-able. And when I'm in my weak moments, I'll remember what Melina told me the other night when I told her I was going to exercise, "Mommy, how come you don't exercise ALL the time?" Bless her heart, she is a great motivator:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here here.. with the exception of the 23 years of eating what you want. I think I only got about 12 of those. :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you lived closer. I am in the middle of the walk to run program at www.irungreenville.com . I have never been a runner by nature and this is a first for me. It makes me feel so good about myself. My goal is to complete a 5k by Jay's first birthday.
Good luck!! You can do it!
Thanks!!! I know I'll need it! Its so hard for me to find time to exercise...I usually do it after Melina goes to bed. I do feel so good after I work out and I hope that it sticks this time! Good luck to you too!
ReplyDelete