Friday, March 26, 2010

Better Late Than Never...

I have always wanted to keep a blog of our family, but just never got around to it. I really wish that I would have started it a long time ago, but better late than never, right? Jason and the kids are constantly giving me memories to document, so hopefully I can keep up with them!

It is still freaking me out that Melina is already 5. Thats 5 years old. Like half a decade. How can she be that old when I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday? I have to say that Jason and I have done a great job raising her so far. She is exactly what I pictured when I found out I was going to have her, only way better. I had a list of guidelines in my head of how I wanted her to be: polite, sweet, not a spoiled brat, etc. Of course she has her moments, but she has way exceeded those hopes that I had for her. I'm so thankful that God has blessed us with her. She will be starting Kindergarten this August. I have mixed feelings on the subject, which I really don't like to talk about. I am excited for her to go to the "big school" , make new friends, I'm even excited to make her lunch everyday. But the thought of watching her walk into that huge place by herself and leave her there makes my stomach turn. I know, I know. She's a big girl and she will be able to handle it, but I know I'm not ready. I'm sure that they will take good care of her and she will learn a lot, but it is a little intimidating to me. She has been in daycare since she was 18 months old and I LOVE it there. Its not a huge daycare where she gets neglected at all, I know she gets a lot of attention which I love. But there is not a day that goes by that I don't turn around and watch her as I leave and wish that I could stay there with her and play. I still have a tough time leaving her, and I'm sure this will never change. Maybe I'm just afraid of change. At least she has a cute My Little Pony backpack :)

Just like I freak out when I think about Melina being 5, I freak out that Carmen is 10(almost 11)! She was Melina's age when I met her and Jason, which totally blows my mind! Melina loves when Carmen comes to the house and cries every time she leaves! I'm so thankful that they get along(most of the time). She has grown up so much, it seems like we just blinked and both of them aged 5 years.

3 comments:

  1. I added you to my "followers" list. Check out my blog too.. I am not very good and keeping up with it, but oh well!

    How can sweet Melina be 5? Gosh that is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my oldest started kindergarten (this past fall) I was such a wreck. I was so emotional the 2 weeks leading up to it, even though he loved preschool, even though he was NEVER the kid to cry to stay home.
    It's growing pains in true form.
    I hope you can get some extra Melina-Mommy dates in there before she starts school. ;)
    It does go by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I will get a lot of time with her! I'm taking a ton of vacation days this summer! I know she is ready though. i'm definately going to be a wreck...hope the teachers are used to that!

    ReplyDelete